Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
Group Mods
  • envatosupport

Create your travel agency, lodge, club, blog or destination website the quick and easy way. The GoExplore! travel WordPress theme can manage any travel website, from a personal travel blog to a world travel guide book.

GoExplore! (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 1 year ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)

Comments on Info pages and directory pages

• diegoengel

said

Hello !!!

I would like to enable comments on my info pages and directory pages.
    Actually I´m using a plugin called Disqus, but this plugin allow comments only in my posts. I saw in another forum, that I have to add this code on my pages:

'<?php comments_template(); ?>'

Where exactly I have to put, which file? which line?

Best Regards

• jeffw

said

The template for destination information pages is the ‘single-destination-page.php’ file.

The template for directory items is the ‘single-travel-directory.php’ file.

You’ll want to add the comments_template() function in the same column as the main article, underneath it is the normal position for a comments box. See the ‘content-post-single.php’ template for an example.

If you need any further assistance with the Disqus plugin, please ask the plugin author for support.

Keep in mind that if you modify core theme files then each time you update the theme you will need to make all of those modifications again to the updated theme files. If you are going to customise PHP templates it’s best to do that in a child theme because that will make it easier for you to update the parent theme. There are more details about how to create a child theme for GoExplore! here → http://para.llel.us/support/groups/goexplore/forum/topic/child-theme-5/#post-71402

Please also keep in mind that help with customising the theme code is beyond the scope of theme support. Thanks.

• diegoengel

said

Tks Jeffw,

I finally enabled comments on directory pages… Now… could you tell me how I enable comments on single-destination-page.php and master-pages??

Tks for while !!
    Diego Engel

• jeffw

said

In the ‘single-destination-page.php’ template you’ll want to add the comments_template() function in the same column as the main article; underneath the main content is the normal position for a comments box. See the ‘content-post-single.php’ template for an example.

Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)
Topic tags: comments