Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
Group Mods
  • envatosupport

Create your travel agency, lodge, club, blog or destination website the quick and easy way. The GoExplore! travel WordPress theme can manage any travel website, from a personal travel blog to a world travel guide book.

GoExplore! (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 1 year ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 6 (6 total posts)

Page title is not shown at the right place in header

• schinuwe

said

Ihave an issue with th ePage postings. As of now Gutenberg is the mandatory Editor in WP. I added my page title in the Top of the document, but it is not displayed as an overlay on the Header Graphic. Instead it is shown in the Page itself.

The excerpt I entered is shown at the right place.

I hope I can upload the screenshot afterwords. Can you please solve my problem? Here is the link to the respective page: http://aziendo.myaziendo.de/die-goldene-kundenkarte/

The title “Die Goldene Kundenkarte von Schmetterling” should be displayed in the header.

It also happened with all other pages even created by you.

Thanks for helping.

• jeffw

said

To begin troubleshooting this issue you should deactivate all plugins (all at the same time) except those required and recommended by the theme to make sure the additional plugins you have installed are not causing any issues. If the problem goes away, reactivate your additional plugins one at a time (individually, not incrementally) until you find the one responsible and let us know.

If the problem persists after all additional plugins are deactivated (all at the same time), please leave them all deactivated, let us know and we will work from there. In case you are in any doubt, these are the four required and recommended plugins that you can leave activated while you troubleshoot your problem…

– Ninja Forms
         – Simple Theme Slider
         – Static Content Blocks
         – Travel Destinations

So if the problem persists with just those four plugins activated, please leave all other plugins deactivated, let us know and we will work from there.

Thanks.

• schinuwe

said

I have done what you recommended. Only the above Plugins are activated, but the issue is still there.

Please help. Thanks.

Do you need some login info?

• jeffw

said

Thank you for doing that for me. It enables me to inspect the browser source of your page @ http://aziendo.myaziendo.de/die-goldene-kundenkarte/ confident that it is not being affected by an additional plugin.

From the structure of the HTML for that page it looks like you haven’t set the Page Title option correctly in the Layout Options metabox for that page.

On my sandbox site I have mocked up a page like yours and there is no problem with the page title being displayed in the header…

So the first thing to check is that you have made the correct setting for the Page Title option for that page.

P.S. I have the Classic Editor plugin enabled on my sandbox site so that it is easier for me to add the Intro Text for pages, so the article editor screenshot above may look a little different to yours, but this doesn’t affect the functionality of the Page Title option.

• schinuwe

said

Hi and thank you. That was the hint I needed. So sorry to bother you with this.

Another question: Is there a way to activate Gutenberg for the Content Blocks? It would help me a lot.

Thanks.

• jeffw

said

You can do that by adding a function and a filter to your ‘functions.php’ file…

// Add block editor support to content blocks
    function schinuwe_add_block_editor_to_content_blocks( $args, $post_type ) {
      if ( $post_type == "static_block" ) {
        $args['show_in_rest'] = true;
      }
      return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'register_post_type_args', 'schinuwe_add_block_editor_to_content_blocks', 20, 2 );

You’ll need to do this at your own risk because content blocks have not been tested with the new block editor (a.k.a. Gutenberg).

Keep in mind that if you modify core theme files then each time you update the theme you will need to make all of those modifications again to the updated theme files. If you are going to customise ‘functions.php’ and PHP templates it’s best to do that in a child theme because that will make it easier for you to update the parent theme. There are more details about how to create a child theme for GoExplore! here…
         → http://para.llel.us/support/groups/goexplore/forum/topic/child-theme-5/#post-71402

If there is anything else about the GoExplore! theme itself you need help with, please just let us know. If you can’t find a solution using the forum search please create a new topic for each separate issue and we’ll do our best to help.

Please try to remember to start a new topic for each separate issue that you have. We like to keep each topic in the Help Center focused on a single subject. We find that separating each question into a separate topic keeps the information much clearer and easier to follow. Also, it really helps other users to find information and it prevents threads from wandering down Tangent Lane. If you can’t find a solution using the forum search, please always create a new topic for each separate issue that you have.

Thanks.

Viewing post 1 to 6 (6 total posts)
Topic tags: header, Page title