Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
Group Mods
  • envatosupport

Create your travel agency, lodge, club, blog or destination website the quick and easy way. The GoExplore! travel WordPress theme can manage any travel website, from a personal travel blog to a world travel guide book.

GoExplore! (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 1 year ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)

Child theme, no header or content blocks on the home page

• jeffw

said

Each child theme you create has its own theme options and settings, so theme settings you make in the parent theme are not inherited by any child theme you make. You will need to visit all the settings pages in GoExplore! > Home Page and GoExplore! > Theme Options to set up your child theme.

• sanfrancisco

said

All my CSS doesn’t load on my child theme, it missing styles on home page. I added this lines on functions.php file :

<?php add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘theme_enqueue_styles’ );
    function theme_enqueue_styles() {
    wp_enqueue_style( ‘parent-style’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’ );
    wp_enqueue_style( ‘child-style’, get_stylesheet_uri(), array( ‘parent-style’ ) );
    }

Do i need to add other lines on functions.php file ?

• sashab

said

Hi, I am trying to create child theme but not working. So I created folder, do I need to copy asset folder inside my child folder or I need to move everything from asset folder inside root folder of my child theme? I got same issue where CSS not loading but I check other page you said and it’s not working. Any help?

• jeffw

said

There are more details about how to create a child theme for GoExplore! here → http://para.llel.us/support/groups/goexplore/forum/topic/child-theme-5/#post-71402

As it says in step 4 in that post…

4. Copy the assets

Copy the entire ‘assets‘ folder from the ‘parallelus-go-explore‘ parent theme folder into the new ‘dora‘ child theme folder.

IMPORTANT → When you update the parent theme, remember to also update the ‘assets‘ folder in the child theme, i.e. copy that folder across again from the parent theme folder to the child theme folder, overwriting the old ‘assets‘ folder.

Remember that your child theme has its own settings, e.g. Dora > Home Page and Dora > Theme Options. Your child theme will begin with default settings, it will not inherit the parent theme’s settings.

Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)