Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • andy

Support for: Mingle – Multi-purpose WordPress Theme

Mingle (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 7 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (22 total posts)

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]

• joshnathan1

said

Hello All,
    I’ve been trying to install mingle however i’ve been getting the following warning errors everytime i try and wipe it and do a fresh install.
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/11/8569011/tmp/sess_n2u9cfud8a9cov35gbvomjmg05, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/content/11/8569011/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/utilities/email-functions.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/11/8569011/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/utilities/email-functions.php:3) in /home/content/11/8569011/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/utilities/email-functions.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /home/content/11/8569011/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/utilities/email-functions.php:3) in /home/content/11/8569011/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-mingle/framework/utilities/email-functions.php on line 3

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/chroot/home/content/11/8569011/tmp/sess_n2u9cfud8a9cov35gbvomjmg05, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0

what is causing these errors and how do i fix it.

i’ve redownloaded a few times wiped my Mysql database and i still get the errors.

Any help would be great.

• joshnathan1

said

Just as an update i’ve been using the following file to upload – paralleus-mingle

• jeffw

said

Hi, joshnathan1. Which version of WordPress do you have installed?

• joshnathan1

said

I currently have 3.3.1
    Also as an update, i’ve made sure i have access to all my tmp servers and everything is fine serve side even got my hosting company to look at it.

• jeffw

said

Are you installing Mingle via the WordPress Theme Upload facility, or are you doing it manually via FTP?

• jeffw

said

What is the exact name of the zip file you are selecting to upload via WordPress? It should be ‘parallelus-mingle.zip’.

• joshnathan1

said

the exact file is the one that you named there it was inside the zip file mingle-multipurpose- wordpress-theme.zip and it was inside the wordpress file.

• jeffw

said

Hi, joshnathan1. Thank you for your patience. Can you tell me at what point after uploading via WordPress you get these warning messages? I have never come across this problem with installation before.

• joshnathan1

said

Hello, It is instant its once i’ve uploaded the theme and i got to http://www.uclis.co.uk i get the error messages at the top and the bottom.
    Even if i follow your install i still have them at the end and beginning

• jeffw

said

Hi, joshnathan1. Thank you again for your patience.

I know you have already spoken to your hosting company and I expect they have told you that the server is perfect, but the warning messages you are getting suggest that the problem is in fact server related, very possibly to do with paths and/or permissions.

I am going to have throw open this question and ask if @steveholland or @andy have any ideas what might be causing this, and in the meantime may I suggest that you approach your web hosts again and ask them if they would please take a close look at the warning messages?

• jeffw

said

Sorry, joshnathan1, there is one question I forgot to ask. Is this a clean WordPress installation or are there plugins already installed and activated?

• joshnathan1

said

Hello,
    Thanks for all the help.
    It was clean i deleted everything from my server so i had no plugins etc.
    If anyone can provide me with something specific to ask for it would be great as i dont think that they are overly useful unless i tell them exactly what to do. When i spoke to them today, they sad that all permissions were in place and they pointed towards the code however i doubt / know its not a problem with the theme.
    Its on godaddy which i know is a bad move its just where i started hosting a few years ago.
    Regards,
    Joshua

• jeffw

said

Hi, joshnathan1. I’m fairly sure it is a server issue, and I’m also fairly sure that GoDaddy are not going to help you very much. I think you know what the best advice I can give you would be, but let’s see if @steveholland or @andy can throw any light on this for us. I’m sure one or the other will join this discussion just as soon as they are able to.

• joshnathan1

said

Problem solved. Don’t worry some snooping around and a bit of help from godaddy fixed the issue it was a problem with my root folder.

Viewing post 1 to 15 (22 total posts)