Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
  • admin

Support for: Moxie – Responsive Theme for WordPress

Moxie

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 16 to 24 (24 total posts)

My site does not display correctly on mobile

• jeffw

said

I have asked @andy about this and he has not yet got back to me.

• andy

said

Does it happen on the demo website? There was a different flickering problem (not like you described) previously fixed. It was related to content in one case and in another issue with the menus (ipad only) was also fixed previously. If you see the problem only on your site it’s being caused by your content. If the demo website does it too then it’s a problem in the theme.

I can’t replicate it in my browser by changing the size and don’t have an ipad/phone so there is no way for me to test it.

With a fresh install and none of your custom changes/content, do you still have this problem? Has anyone else been able to replicate the flickering with their install?

• danbarrett

said

Hey @andy ,

I’m open to the idea that the problem is my content, just confused why that would be the case and how to track down the problem.

To clarify a few things:

- flickering menu shows up on iphone only
    - ipad menu cuts off some of the items – see screenshots (https://www.evernote.com/shard/s17/sh/e195b655-c610-4a6f-a8d3-a959abfb40ee/989516b04a581a5c2f256d4c932763e0)
    - on iphone, the footer disappears entirely, just have a grey space
    - I don’t get the error on the theme demo.

• andy

said

Ok, this sounds like we need to test another install without the content you’ve added. While this is an annoying response because it just means extra work (I know I do lots of new installs for testing) it really the only way we can determine if the fault is a server setting/environment related problem or specifically the content added.

Can you try a clean install on another area of your server/account and just add the demo content with minimum setup. That will provide a quick test to see differences. You’ll then have a way to test adding your other content to the new clean install (assuming it doesn’t exhibit the same problems) to see which parts begin to cause issues.

• danbarrett

said

Hi @andy ,

Sorry for the delay. I got a test install of moxie up at:

twofriendlynerds.com/planotest

I imported demo content, installed required plugins, and set the menu to the demo menu.

The site was fine before changing over the menu, displaying the Home button below the logo.

After switching to the provided demo menu, however, several issues appear on the iphone:

- rapid flickering, actually worse than on my site, nearly constant
    - “everybody wants some” in logo overlaps with drop down menu button

See a screenshot that catches the flicker in action here:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s17/sh/e195b655-c610-4a6f-a8d3-a959abfb40ee/989516b04a581a5c2f256d4c932763e0

Thoughts?

• andy

said

I believe the issue you’re describing was fixed in v1.0.2, but even that is one behind the current v1.0.3 release.

• hafler

said

I have a similar problem, the page loads normally, but when it ends, for a second or 2, appears much smaller, as a column and a lot of gray space on the right, and after that normal again.

• jeffw

said

@hafler

This is a very old topic that addresses issues one customer was having with a very early release of the Moxie theme.

It’s unlikely that whatever issues you are having are related in any way to the issues being discussed in this topic.

Please start a new topic for your specific issue. When you do that, please post link to a live web page that displays the issue and I’ll be glad to take a look.

I’m closing this topic now as all the issues raised in this topic were resolved more than 5 years ago.

Thanks.

Viewing post 16 to 24 (24 total posts)