Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 5 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (30 total posts)

Pagination Error

• Steve

said

Hi,

I have noticed on the Salutation Demo, as well as on the website in the showcase sticky, that when you go to the members page, change the ordering using the dropdown and then trying to go to the next page, it results in a white load.

This doesn’t happen in a fresh BuddyPress install or on the BP demo website. Is this a Salutation bug?

• Steve

said

Anybody? This error is easily replicated on every website I’ve seen using this theme…

• Trevor

said

It looks like it very well may be a Salutation specific bug, I will look into this further and post an update/fix as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

• Steve

said

Hi Trevor,

How’d you go? Was this fixed in yesterday’s update? It’s quite a major issue and I can’t use the theme until it’s fixed given my member base is 1000+

• Trevor

said

I will have to let @andy chime in on this specific concern.

• andy

said

@steveholland

It did not make the update. I only found out it a couple days before the update we uploaded Monday. Those changes were completed 2 weeks ago. I have not had time to look into this issue yet but I will as soon as I can.

• Steve

said

Thanks @andy – the ability to browse the members page is the crux of my website. I’d love to use the theme shortly.

• Steve

said

I’ve just seen you fixed the ‘Load More’ issue on the activity page – did this fix the pagination issues also?

• andy

said

Here’s the pagination fix. Open “footer-default.php” and add this code:

<script type="text/javascript">
      jq('div#BP-Content').click( function(event) {
        var target = jq(event.target);

if ( target.hasClass('button') )
          return true;

if ( target.parents('.bp-pagination').hasClass('bp-pagination') && !target.parent('.bp-pagination').hasClass('no-ajax') ) {
          if ( target.hasClass('dots') || target.hasClass('current') )
            return false;

if ( jq('div.item-list-tabs li.selected').length )
            var el = jq('div.item-list-tabs li.selected');
          else
            var el = jq('li.filter select');

var page_number = 1;
          var css_id = el.attr('id').split( '-' );
          var object = css_id[0];
          var search_terms = false;

if ( jq('div.dir-search input').length )
            search_terms = jq('div.dir-search input').val();

if ( jq(target).hasClass('next') )
            var page_number = Number( jq('div.pagination span.current').html() ) + 1;
          else if ( jq(target).hasClass('prev') )
            var page_number = Number( jq('div.pagination span.current').html() ) - 1;
          else
            var page_number = Number( jq(target).html() );

bp_filter_request( object, jq.cookie('bp-' + object + '-filter'), jq.cookie('bp-' + object + '-scope'), 'div.' + object, search_terms, page_number, jq.cookie('bp-' + object + '-extras') );

return false;
        }

});
    </script>

I’ve only tested this in the forums so if you find it not working somewhere else let me know.

• nanchante

said

I tried adding this block, but the pagination issue is still there.

In fact it’s not working on either member pages or forum topic pages.

I’m on 3.2.1 / 1.5.1 / 1.3

• nanchante

said

Anyone else have ajax pagination NOT working on forum TOPIC pages? I am struggling to find another install with forums that actually have paginated topic replies of more than the default 15 per page.

Not only does the ajax not work in the top paginated links, but the no-ajax pagination at the bottom of the page does nothing either.

theme-folder/groups/single/forum/topic.php seems to be the file in question?

• andy

said

This is WAY old. The update being referenced that didn’t include this was v1.2.2. This code was included in the Salutation v1.3 update. You can check the change log in the files you downloaded and it will have this note:

Fixed BP pageination bug
      - Updated files:
        footer-default.php
  • nanchante

said

Hi Andy. I have the latest files, a clean install from themeforest and it is still doing it on forum topics.

I am running 1.3

• nanchante

said

I’ve now tried on 2 separate clean installs, and both do it. No other plugins enabled.

Viewing post 1 to 15 (30 total posts)