Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Traject – WordPress Portfolio and Business Theme

Traject (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 12 (12 total posts)

Featured content graphics showing on multiple lines

• jeffw

said

You seem to be using a very old version of the theme, v1.1.2 from five years ago, so the first thing you’ll need to do is update to the latest version of Traject, which is v1.2.5. → http://para.llel.us/support/groups/traject-wordpress/forum/topic/latest-theme-update/

Remember to backup your entire website (files and database) before updating. → http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

This is the exact procedure to follow when either updating the theme or reinstalling the theme…

– Download the latest version of the Traject theme from ThemeForest.
       – Unzip the file you downloaded from ThemeForest, locate the ‘theme-traject-v1.2.5.zip’ file and unzip that file also.
       – Use FTP to delete the Traject theme folder on your server. (First download a backup copy to your computer if you want to.)
       – Make sure your new Traject theme folder is named exactly the same as the old one was, i.e. rename the folder if necessary.
       – Use FTP to upload the new Traject theme folder from your computer to your server.

It is important that you first delete the existing theme folder on your server before you upload the new one.

IMPORTANT → On your server you have changed the name of the theme folder to ‘villaloule’ so before you upload the latest version of the theme you should rename the folder on your computer from ‘parallelus-traject’ to ‘villaloule’. It’s important you do this otherwise WordPress will think it is a completely new theme rather than a theme update.

After reinstalling, remember to refresh your browser’s caches so that it’s not using cached versions of the theme’s CSS and JavaScript files…
       → http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

Please give that a try and if you still have this issue afterwards let us know and we will work from there.

• wiltshireit

said

Hi
    we just updated the theme, on a test site that “was” a mirror of the live site. The test site has lost all the settings of the live one and is a bare site with no graphics etc. Also the theme name in the word press admin is showing as traject not villaloule. We did rename the folder before uploading it via FTP.
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks
    PS test site is http://www.timfox.net (this is a site we use for testing websites and is taken down once the live one is working correctly)

• jeffw

said

First and foremost, deactivate all plugins, all at the same time, and leave them all deactivated while you troubleshoot your problem.

To begin troubleshooting your problem, try switching to another theme, and then switch back to the Traject theme. Let me know if that helps.

• wiltshireit

said

Hi Jeff
    All plugins deactivated. Changed to 2015 theme then back to traject. no change in the site

• jeffw

said

If theme settings have reverted to defaults this is most likely because WordPress thinks this is a new, different theme, not an updated theme, so it has reverted to the default state. This is one of the problems associated with renaming a WordPress theme.

Do you have another version of the Traject theme in your ‘wp-content/themes’ folder?

• wiltshireit

said

Hi We only have the one copy of the theme in the ‘wp-content/themes’ folder. We only took over management of this site a few days ago and had to move it to a new server. The Featured content section on the old server was also broken. The old theme showed up as villaloule while the updated one is showing up as traject. Is there anyway to change the name of the new theme so that word press thinks it is still villaloule?

• jeffw

said

The name you see in Appearance > Themes is just a comment at the top the ‘style.css’ stylesheet. If you look at the ‘style.css’ stylesheet on the original site you’ll see what I mean. → http://www.villalouleportugal.com/wp-content/themes/villaloule/style.css

If you migrated the site from the original domain to your new test domain then the problem could be with the migration.

• wiltshireit

said

Hi
    I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with the migration as I said it was broken on the old site as well. However
    I have changed the style.css file in the new updated theme to reflect the name “villaloule”. deleted the folder on the server and uploaded it again with the new style.css file. It all works now, well at least on the test site. As it is only 20 minutes before I go home for the week end I will do the live site on Monday, just in case………….

• jeffw

said

I’m glad you have it working now.

• wiltshireit

said

Hi Jeff Just a quick update to close this topic. We got the site working by uploading the new version of the theme, renaming it in the style.css file so WP would recognize it as an update and not a new theme and also had to disable one of the plug ins. The WP Minify plug in was the one causing problems.
    Thanks for your help

• jeffw

said

Yep, those plugins that minify CSS always have the potential to screw up the display of elements and even whole pages.

Viewing post 1 to 12 (12 total posts)