Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw

Support for: Unite – WordPress Business, Magazine Theme

Unite (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 5 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (27 total posts)

Contact form in footer area not working properly

• lolitasmith

said

I placed a contact form in the footer area, but when I go to the fields to input info in the form, it moves my cursor to the top of the page. The contact form on the contact us page is fine.

See here for an example: http://www.heart2heartforyou.org

• jeffw

said

The domain “heart2heartforyou.org” doesn’t appear to exist.

• jeffw

said

To begin troubleshooting this issue you should deactivate all plugins (all at the same time) to make sure the plugins you have installed are not causing any issues. If the problem goes away, reactivate your additional plugins one at a time (individually, not incrementally) until you find the one responsible and let us know. If the problem persists after all plugins are deactivated (all at the same time), please leave them all deactivated, let us know and we will work from there.

• lolitasmith

said

Thanks, but it didn’t work. I’ve reactivated the plugins after seeing none of them were responsible. Please let me know what you need from me. I will deactivate plugins once you respond.

Thanks again.

• jeffw

said

If the problem persists after all plugins are deactivated (all at the same time), please leave them all deactivated, let us know and we will work from there.

• lolitasmith

said

I’ve deactivated all of them. One of the plugins is needed for the homepage, but I’ll leave deactivated until you tell me it’s okay.

Thanks.

• lolitasmith

said

Hello Jeff,

Do you need a login or anything from me? Pleae let me know when I can activate the plugins.

thnx

• jeffw

said

I’ve looked at your home page with no plugins activated and there is no contact form in the footer. So I am guessing that the contact form is put there by a plugin?

• lolitasmith

said

I have two contact forms. How do I use the shortcode for the form I’ve created for the footer? In other words, how do I use more than one shortcode for a different contact form? When I use the shortcode in the footer, it shows the [raw] code. The form is fine on the contact us page.

Thank you.

• jeffw

said

Let’s take this one step at a time. :D

Please tell me exactly how you added the contact for to your footer that I saw there before you deactivated all your plugins.

• lolitasmith

said

There was a dropdown, which was already there. I think it was coming from either of these plugins: Gravit Forms OR Gravity Forms -Placeholders add-on.

I just deactivated the plugins (I’ve tried with theme being activated and deactivated).

• jeffw

said

Okay, thanks.

You see, the thing is, if the problem is with a third-party plugin we can’t really provide you with support for that plugin. You should go to the plugin author for support. If the plugin author says the problem is being caused by the Unite theme let us know and we’ll work from there.

• lolitasmith

said

But I’m not using the plugin. I’m using the shortcode for the theme’s form. I have three problems. 1) I want to use a different contact form that I’ve created for the footer & the form for the contact us page I’ve creaed for that page. The contact us page is working fine, 2) How can I use your contact form shortcode (different contact form than the contact us page) in the footer area & how can I edit it to use the correct form? 3) The [raw] code showing up.

• jeffw

said

If you are using the [contact_form] shortcode why can’t I see the form in your footer when you deactivate all your plugins?

Viewing post 1 to 15 (27 total posts)