Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month, 2 weeks ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (22 total posts)

New demo content for ”Outdoors” and ”App” styles

• andy

said

We have been really busy doing updates and working on new features and functionality. Some of the new things are close to finished, for example a new “Outdoors” and “App” style home page. The Outdoors style shows off a full screen slide show with background videos. We’ve had the ability since the beginning but never did a good job of demonstrating the feature. The App style is focused on a slide show that is not full screen and overlapping the horizontal masthead with transparency.

Here’s the upcoming addition to the Starter Kits:

1. http://demo.vellumwp.com/home-pages/outdoors/
    2. http://demo.vellumwp.com/home-pages/runway/

Let us know what you think. I’ll continue to post things like this here for everyone to comment on as we move forward. Suggestions and ideas are as always, very welcomed!

• malekovitch

said

Great, good introduction for these starter kits. As always, clean designs and good ideas.

You’ll say i’m the guy of details :) but i’ve noticed something with right masthead, see below :

The arrow seems to be pixelised.

For the suggestions… not sure, but maybee it could be nice to think about a kit with more features in the header like :
    - Top bar with contacts information, social, language selector
    - Menu

Nothing to add, looking forward to see the complete kits ;)

• jeffw

said

@andy

The Outdoors style on my iMac…

In Firefox, the video background doesn’t play and when the window turns orange at the end of the slideshow, it stays orange, i.e. the slideshows doesn’t restart. Scrolling dow works, but scrolling back up to the top of the page does not restart the slideshow, I just get the brightly coloured background.

In Safari, if I click a menu link (e.g. Features) and then use my browser back button to get back to the Outdoors home page, I get no slideshow, just a brightly coloured background. Scrolling down works, but scrolling back to the top of the page just gets me that brightly coloured background. Aldo the fly-out menu is still open and won’t go away unless I hover over the menu and then move the pointer away from the menu.

• andy

said

@malekovitch

What browser is that happening in? I can’t reproduce it.

@jeffw

I was having problems with Firefox because I had viewed the site previously while it was in development and it would release the cache. I ended up having to manually clear my last couple days of browsing history and the entire cache. I’ll check it again now to see if these are now things since I stopped working on it or if it’s unique to Mac versions of FF. Thanks.

• malekovitch

said

@andy : it’s with firefox (PC, not MAC), with all my labtop 15″4 and 17″… it just go back and it’s the same.

But it’s not a big bug :)

• mrminsf

said

I like it! Slick. When do we get access to it?

Can you itemize what you’ve added to this kit that is different from the others? I’m seeing:

Ken burns landing page with screen overlay
    Rounded buttons

Since I work almost exclusively with the hospitality industry, I’ll also chime in to say that TripAdvisor is the lifeblood of most overseas tourism orgs. It would be great to get a TripAdvisor icon option for social media links since it’s always overlooked. My dream theme also would include automated pulls of TripAdvisor quotes and reviews, with a filter to only grab those that are 4-star or better. If only I were an actual programmer I’d do that myself, but alas, I just build these websites…

I’m just sayin’…

M

• wd7080

said

This is great!
    It would be wonderful if you consider having the menu at the left hand side with Vellum outdoors (unless we can achieve this through the layout manager).

By the way, do we have any skin that is similar to this: http://goo.gl/IP7nFd
    where we have one landing page with an image then visitors can go from there to our main site?

Thanks

• jeffw

said

@wd7080

Setting the vertical masthead on the left or the right is an option in Theme Options, the Layout Style option under the “Design” heading. Look for the options that have “Left Header” and “Right Header” in their names.

It’s easy to create a home page that contains links to other areas of your website. That’s just a matter of creating the appropriate content for your home page.

• pille

said

Hi!

When will you add this stater kit as demo content? It’s really cool, and it’ll be great to customize it for own needs… Please, give an answer

• jeffw

said

I’ll ask Andy. As soon as I know more I’ll let you know.

• jeffw

said

@pille

Andy says the “Outdoors” and “App” starter kits are not ready for release yet. It’s on the ToDo list but unfortunately we’re not certain exactly when we’ll be able to build those new starter kits and integrate them into the theme.

• pille

said

Thank You! I’ll be waiting for that ))

• katembo

said

Hi there,

I just bought Vellum couple of days ago because I saw (and really liked) the App Landing style and wanted to use them. At my big surprise, after installing the theme, I realized that my preferred style was actually not there (as it was advertised on Theme Forest). But I need it now. Could you please let me know how I can get it? I already showed it to a client.

Many thanks,

Ely

Viewing post 1 to 15 (22 total posts)