Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month, 2 weeks ago ago
Viewing post 16 to 30 (40 total posts)

Edits continue to revert back to defaults

• jeffw

said

Can you make an additional install of WordPress, using a brand new database, and then install the Vellum theme for that? This test will let us know if the problem is server related or is with the other install.

• ashleyat87

said

I have dreampress via dreamhost so it’s auto installed for me. It won’t let me install it myself. I could ask them to reinstall it for me. I haven’t done much with the site so starting over wouldn’t be a loss. Should I go ahead and make the request?

• jeffw

said

If you can reinstall WordPress totally from scratch using a brand new database, that is basically the same test. But it must be a brand new database, we won’t learn anything if the new install of WordPress uses the existing database. Also, make sure you install Vellum using the WordPress interface as this will ensure that the correct server permissions are set.

I wish I had an instant solution for you, but no one has ever reported an issue like this before, and I can’t replicate the issue, so just at the moment I’m as clueless as you are. My support shift is ending now (it’s past 9pm here in the UK) so if we need to continue this discussion we will have to do that tomorrow.

• ashleyat87

said

I had wordpress reinstalled. The database was cleared. I deleted and reinstalled Vellum via the wordpress upload and it uploaded successfully, no errors. I chose a design starter kit within demo content. I hit apply with demo content. Code shows up instead of imagery and text. Plus, all the original problems of reverting back to defaults is still there.

I can’t even begin to explain how frustrating this is.

• jeffw

said

I understand your frustration. However, no one else has ever reported any issue like this before so I don’t have any instant answers for you.

Please explain exactly what you mean by “Code shows up instead of imagery and text”. Can you take a screenshot and show me? (Upload your screenshot to any cloud service and include a link to it in your reply.)

• ashleyat87

said

Honestly, you’re more than welcome to login to my wp acct and see the issues for yourself. I don’t know how I can explain the problems any other way.

• ashleyat87

said

Ugh, my plugins were deactivated in the reinstall. My apologies. Disregard the issue with the code appearing.

The other problems are still there though.

• jeffw

said

I’m sorry, I really don’t have any idea what could be causing your problem. I’ll run your problem past our development team, see if they have any ideas.

• ashleyat87

said

would you be willing to login and look at it for yourself?

• jeffw

said

Logging in to your admin wouldn’t help me to figure out what the cause of your problem might be. I’ve already raised your problem with our development team, so let’s see if they have any ideas. I’ll let you know as soon as I know more.

• jeffw

said

@ashleyat87

Can I just check something with you? That fresh install you did? Did you also make a child theme like you did before?

• andy

said

Can you also please make sure the child theme isn’t uploaded. Meaning, delete it from the themes folder just to be sure. I know that sounds crazy but since we’re dealing with a major unknown it helps a lot to be sure a conflict is ruled out.

Can you post a link to the site URL? I’d like to look at some folder paths.

Viewing post 16 to 30 (40 total posts)