Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)

Horizontal menu centred with centred logo above it

• davidrk

said

Hi there. I’m trying to customise a horizontal navigation that has all menu items appeared centered, with the logo centred above the menu items. Is there any way to do this other than creating a static content block and placing that as the header? I am concerned as to how this will effect the mobile version with a collapsed menu.

I’ve centered all options relating to the header and layout with no effect on the menu items and logo.

Thank you.

• jeffw

said

We don’t have any skins that include a central menu and I think that is because it is quite tricky to do that. I don’t know how to do it. I’ll ask Andy if he knows how to do it. I recall Andy mentioning once that centring menus with UberMenu is difficult and that’s why we don’t have an example of that. I think we are hoping that when UberMenu 3 comes out this will be a lot easier.

As for positioning a logo above a menu, again we don’t have any pre-built design style that does that, but it is easy enough to do that by using the “Horizontal Masthead (top)” widget area. In the static content for that you can add a responsive helper class to the row so that it is displayed only on the desktop. The responsive helper classes are described here → http://para.llel.us/support/tutorials/vellum-helper-css-classes/#responsive-classes

• mgamboa1517

said

Hi there!
    I’m looking to center the menu as well and now that UberMenu 3 has been released, are there any solutions? Thanks!

• jeffw

said

Yes, with UberMenu Lite v3 it is easier now to centralise a horizontal menu…

.boxed #MainNav .ubermenu-main.ubermenu-horizontal > ul.ubermenu-nav,
    .full-width #MainNav .ubermenu-main.ubermenu-horizontal > ul.ubermenu-nav {
      text-align: center
    }

Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Custom CSS and add that CSS to your Custom CSS box, or add it to your custom stylesheet.

Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)