Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month, 3 weeks ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (19 total posts)

Demo themes are not working

• orbstein

said

purchased and installed. went to demo content in the backend and selected the default theme “apply demo content”
    all i see is a hello world and none of the pages. please help. is there an email address for support. frustrating to pay and be left in the wind.

• kylebellamy

said

I just had the same issue. There is a video tutorial but it is for a different version of Wordpress I believe and of the theme as well. For instance, in the installation and setup video, it says to go to Settings > Reading and set the home page to a Static page with a drop down list of tons of choices but in my copy, there is Sample Page and that is all.

• kylebellamy

said

Figured it out on mine at least!

Once the content was added, I deactivated the 4 plugins for the theme then reactivated them and everything appears to be working properly again. Will test to verify it’s all there but that seemed at first glance to fix it.

• kylebellamy

said

Shoot. didn’t work on the first demo content. Sort of worked on the creative but there were no pages, just a slideshow.

• kylebellamy

said

So I tried a few others with mixed results. The Portfolio one seems to be functioning as it should although it would be nice to see working demos of each content group for comparison.

Ones I’ve tried:
    Default – not working much at all. Just sidebar and unstyled post

Creative – Plays a slideshow but no page or anything else

Will keep trying them to see what I find.

• kylebellamy

said

Business – Sort of works but odd things in it like the slide presentation at the bottom has weird lines and a box around the topics with no indicators of what slide is current.
    Resort – Looks great actually… lol
    Real Estate – Appears to be working properly
    Wedding – Looks good

Have to do my job so will test further later. :)

• kylebellamy

said

Wine – partially there but missing the menu on the left side
    Portfolio – missing menu on left as well
    Paralax – no menu content at the top
    Narrow Page – no menu again
    Boxed Left – No Menu
    Video Intro – cool video into but no menu. background stays focused as well after video ends in blur. there is a brief flash of a play button and then it snaps into focus so I think the blur function is being terminated by the play button.

• jeffw

said

If in Appearance > Demo Content you click an Apply with Demo Content button and no demo content imports – e.g. if afterwards you go to Pages > All Pages and all you can see is the sample page set up by WordPress – then this suggests that there was a problem importing the content.

The full demo starter kit XML file is here → https://www.dropbox.com/s/ecpj9i5vmw99xbt/default-starter-kit-content.xml

You can download that XML file and then use the standard WordPress Tools > Import to import it, and if there are problems with the import you should get an error message that will help you figure out what the problem is. XML import problems are almost always caused by server settings and are beyond our control.

@orbstein

Please allow up to 24 hours for any response from the support team, longer at weekends. We don’t offer any support via email, all support requests for our themes purchased from ThemeForest must be posted in this Help Center. Thanks.

@kylebellamy

It’s probably best if you start your own topics for your own issues. If there is anything else you need help with, please just let us know. If you can’t find answers to your questions by searching this forum, please just create a new topic for each separate issue that you have and we’ll do our best to help you.

• kylebellamy

said

Ran the importer and everything came back as already exists. Checked the Pages section and can see that it has all the pages listed.

What is odd is that after running that XML file, the default demo seems to be showing up correctly. Could it be that the Apply with Demo Content button is not completing the process? Does that process run a behind the scenes XML file that does what the import XML does?

It felt to me like the process was not fully completed and for whatever reason didn’t make all the associations necessary to fully flesh out the demo.

• jeffw

said

The Apply with Demo Content buttons simply automate the process of importing the XML file. i.e. The exact same XML file is imported by the starter kits, which also use the default WordPress importer. We’re only automating what you did manually.

• orbstein

said

this is by far the worst support for a template which costs a good bit of money. is there an email address where someone can address this issue of importing the demo content?

• orbstein

said

tried to import the full demo kit.. i get this error Sorry, there has been an error.
    This does not appear to be a WXR file, missing/invalid WXR version number
    please help

• jeffw

said

To download the full demo starter kit XML file click on its link in my post above and then click the Download button at top right. Select the Direct download option and save the file to your computer. Then in your WordPress admin dashboard go to Tools > Import and click the WordPress link. Follow the on-screen instructions to import the file you just downloaded to your computer.

Viewing post 1 to 15 (19 total posts)