Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month, 1 week ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)

Mobile site not displaying properly

• hoopstarents92

said

Hi,

The mobile version of my site does not display properly. Video does not fit the homepage and certain text is squished together – I’m wondering is there a way of editing the mobile version the same as you can edit the desktop version? I feel it is not optimised well enough for mobile.

I’m not that tech savvy, so I tend to use visual composer to help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    :)

Max

• jeffw

said

Visual Composer columns have options on the Responsive Settings tab that enable you to specify on what devices the column should be displayed and/or not displayed…

If you need it, the Visual Composer documentation is here → https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/display/VC/Visual+Composer+Pagebuilder+for+WordPress

And there are some video tutorials here → https://vc.wpbakery.com/video-tutorials/

Similarly, for issues where content doesn’t look right when the browser width is narrower you can use the Vellum theme’s responsive helper classes to display different content on different devices (i.e. at different browser widths).

Those responsive helper classes are described here → http://para.llel.us/support/tutorials/vellum-helper-css-classes/#responsive-classes

The theme’s responsive helper classes are easy to use and are a great way to get content looking just the way you want it to look on all devices. On our demo website we use these classes extensively to display the same content differently on different devices.

• hoopstarents92

said

thanks for the suggestions and help :)

another issue I’m unable to figure out is on the mobile version I don’t know how to get contact details or social icons at the top alongside the logo… and the menu tab is below the top – seems out of place. Suggestions?

One more thing – I understand with slider revolution that video doesn’t play properly on mobile – could I disable the slider for mobile versions and input a video just for mobile instead?

I hope that made sense ha,

Max

• jeffw

said

These are new questions for specific issues, not really related to the subject of this topic, so if you can’t find solutions using the forum search please create a new topic for each separate issue and we’ll do our best to help.

Please try to remember to start a new topic for each separate issue that you have. We like to keep each topic in the Help Center focused on a single subject. We find that separating each question into a separate topic keeps the information much clearer and easier to follow. Also, it really helps other users to find information and it prevents threads from wandering down Tangent Lane. If you can’t find a solution using the forum search, please always create a new topic for each separate issue that you have. Thanks.

Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)