Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (15 total posts)

Help with the Outdoors demo design style

• jkail

said

Hi. Just purchased Vellum – gorgeous theme. However, when I went in to the “Demo Content” area (cool feature, btw!), I didn’t see the “Outdoor” starter kit. Outdoor is what we are really after, and what we sold our client on.

I read in older posts that it was not yet available as a starter kit. Is that available now?

If not, I downloaded the rev slider outdoor template from Dropbox and have managed to figure out how to get the homepage using that slider and the ‘creative’ starter kit, but it is still a little tricky figuring out what layer is what. Any additional info on that – sort of a guide to that specific slider setup?

Lastly, the “below the fold” section of the homepage on “Outdoor” is very clean and precisely what we need. How do I replicate that styling?

Thanks in advance for your response,

Jared

• jeffw

said

Alas, the Outdoors design style is not available as a starter kit.

We’ve made that slideshow available to download from our dropbox…

http://para.llel.us/support/groups/vellum/forum/topic/outdoor-demo-slider/#post-64359

…but I’m no expert with the Slider Revolution plugin so I can’t write you a step-by-step tutorial for creating the slideshow you want to create. If you need more details on how to use the tools in Slider Revolution there are many tutorials on the themepunch website. → http://themepunch.com/revolution/

If you have specific questions about that specific slideshow please start a new topic for each separate question and I’ll try to get them answered for you.

The page content is just a bunch of dummy content arranged in a certain way using Visual Composer. It’s not difficult to replicate that page design, it’s just rows and columns filled with content.

For example at the top of the content we have a row containing a “Text Block” element above a “Headline with Subtitle” element.

Underneath that is a new row split into three columns with a “Single Image” element in each, and the left-hand and right-hand columns have “Text Box” elements underneath the images.

Underneath that is a new row split in to four columns, each containing a “Single Image” element.

Underneath that is a new row containing a button (See More Photos).

Underneath that is a new row containing a “Single Image” element (Sloan and the hiking map).

And so on.

If you are having trouble replicating that particular layout please let me know exactly what the problem is and I’ll be glad to help.

• jkail

said

Got side tracked and am just getting back to this. Thanks a lot; that helped. The other issue I was having after watching Firebug as the homepage was loading was that the images referenced from the Dropbox import were missing, which was really gumming things up. Once I downloaded those images from the demo site and re-referenced them from the slider, things behaved much better (NOTE: this is for starter purposes only. All stock images will be replaced before going live.)

I’ll get to work on the “bottom” of the page tomorrow. Again, thanks for the help.

• jeffw

said

In Appearance > Theme Options > Theme Options, underneath the “Design Styles” heading set the Layout Style option to “Full Width – Right Header”.

Once you add a full-screen slideshow to the home page header (Appearance > Layout Manager > Headers) the masthead on the right will automatically become transparent when that full-screen slideshow is being displayed.

• jeffw

said

In Appearance > Theme Options > Theme Options have you set the Layout Style option to “Full Width – Right Header”?

• jcvikl

said

really not happy with support. Customer found your outdoor on internet, force me to buy and make similar site and theme doesnt work. thank you

• jcvikl

said

can you make demo data for outdoor? It is very hard to work when theme doesnt work

• andy

said

@jcvikl

We answer questions in order of oldest to newest. When you continue to post over and over in the same topic it pushes you to the end of the line again and again. That’s whey we missed your post until now.

I’m not sure why you are seeing nothing in the admin area for the default theme options. Whatever the reason for that, it’s not related to the Outdoors design so we will need to start a new topic to look into why you aren’t getting the correct functionality in the admin.

If you could, please open a new topic specific to that issue with the admin missing options. It shouldn’t be happening so we will absolutely help figure out what is causing it. Thanks!

Viewing post 1 to 15 (15 total posts)
Topic tags: outdoor, starter kit