Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month ago ago
Viewing post 16 to 23 (23 total posts)

Visual Composer v5.2 not working, I see shortcodes all over the site

• orbstein

said

when i create a page and add some visual composer elements the information is not saved and the changes are not committed.
    when i activate a different theme i see the visual composer license but when vellum is activated the license tab disappears.
    when i look at visual composer shortcode mapper vc_row is the only option and im not sure if if it looks correct.
    just trying to offer a little help. hoping to get this fixed asap
    thanks

• jeffw

said

@orbstein

As I have said a couple of times already, we think the problem is fixed. But you said you applied the fix posted earlier in this topic, and it didn’t work. So we need to investigate the issue directly on your website and server because on all our sandbox sites the problem is fixed.

I’ve just checked, 60 seconds ago, and our support mailbox doesn’t have any new emails in it from you.

Please email WordPress admin and FTP credentials to support@parallelus.net so that I can verify the issue.

IMPORTANT

Note that to verify the issue I will need to…
         (a) Deactivate all plugins except those required and recommended by the theme;
         (b) Reinstall a fresh copy of the theme.

Please make sure you backup your entire website, including its database, before sending us credentials. Thanks.

• jeffw

said

@orbstein

You sent the credentials by replying to a Help Center notification, and those emails do not go to our support mailbox. One of my colleagues checked that mailbox and found your email. I’m looking into the issue right now on your site.

• orbstein

said

thanks jeff. I very much appreciate the help

• jeffw

said

@orbstein

I don’t know how or why the vc_row shortcode was in your Shortcode Mapper settings. It shouldn’t be there, and that I think was the cause of your continued problems. I’ve deleted it and now everything seems to be working properly.

Please let me know how you get on.

P.S. I didn’t need to deactivate any plugins or re-install the theme.

• orbstein

said

jeff, thanks for the work. yes the site is working and visual composer is back up and running. my client is asking how that code got in the wrong place. I don’t think it was done manually by any administrators. do you have any ideas how it would have gottent there? theme update? child theme creation? importing demo data? have you seen other clients who use vellum and vc with the same issue? thanks

• jeffw

said

We’ve never seen it happen before. We think it can have happened only if someone manually added the [vc_row] shortcode and associated parameters to the shortcode mapper.

It cannot have been caused by a theme update or by creating a child theme, nor by importing any theme demo data. (If these things could cause it to happen then we would expect every customer to have this problem, not just you.)

If you need to know for sure you will have to ask WPBakery about it, the author of the Visual Composer plugin.

Viewing post 16 to 23 (23 total posts)