Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month, 2 weeks ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (18 total posts)

Disable slide animation on portfolio gallery post format items

• toxmox

said

I’d like to be able to disable the rotator when viewing the portfolio. Pretty much every portfolio I’m creating is a gallery and it is very distracting having it all change constantly. How can I go about disabling the rotator but leave the nav arrows/controls?

• andy

said

Portfolio
    Open the file “templates/grid.php” and on line 181 change 'autoplay' => 'true', to be 'autoplay' => 'false',

Open the file “single-portfolio.php” and on line 74 change 'autoplay' => 'true', to be 'autoplay' => 'false',

Blog

To do the same for blog gallery posts you would open the file “templates/post-gallery.php” and on line 36 change 'autoplay' => 'true', to be 'autoplay' => 'false',

(updated April 2nd 2014)

Keep in mind that if you modify core theme files then each time you update the theme you will need to make all of those modifications again to the updated theme files. If you are going to customise PHP templates it’s best to do that in a child theme because that will make it easier for you to update the parent theme. There are more details about how to create a child theme for Vellum here → http://para.llel.us/support/tutorials/making-a-vellum-child-theme/

• toxmox

said

Thanks! :) It was the right parameter but I had to edit single-portfolio.php and grid.php to get it to do what I wanted.

• andy

said

Thanks for letting me know. I’ve updated the post above to correct my mistake.

• andy

said

You may need to set 'autoplay' => false,

• nkhouli

said

Well, it works on the actual portfolio item – once visiting the portfolio – but the portfolio post – does not prevent them from sliding – So for example – on the homepage – they all auto slide.

• jeffw

said

Then I guess you can’t have modified the correct file. Either that or you didn’t upload the file to the correct location on your web server. You need to modify the ‘templates/grid.php’ file.

• nkhouli

said

grid.php worked –

Why was that not mentioned above?

Thank you.

Viewing post 1 to 15 (18 total posts)