Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
  • admin

Support for: Moxie – Responsive Theme for WordPress

Moxie

Public Group  |  active 4 days ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 14 (14 total posts)

Coming Soon – Moxie v1.1 (Beta testers needed)

• andy

said

Please refer to this new topic if you’re interested in testing the v1.1 Beta:

http://para.llel.us/support/groups/moxie/forum/topic/moxie-v1-1-with-updated-layout-manager-ready-for-testing/

Thanks!

We’ve been busy with a lot of updates and development to our Runway framework that powers Moxie. Some of the highlights are huge enhancements to the Layout Manager fixing every known bug, issue and little weird thing you may have noticed in using it. Most of what has changed is not visual but functionality beneath the surface. There are also a lot of little fixes in Runway that make it run smoother, faster and greatly enhance it’s capabilities.

Due to the scope of some of these enhancements I’m looking for some beta testers to give it a try before we release the updates. I’ve been using it every day with the latest updates and have not experienced any issues. I’m really happy with the improvements, especially the refinement to the Layout Manager. It feels a lot more like a refined tool than a first release (as it was).

There will be two releases. One is ready now if we can get a few testers to confirm they don’t have any issues. This has some of the bug fixes in the Layout Manager, and also the newest versions of plugins (Revolution Slider and Visual Composer) I can begin sending out copies of this version (1.0.3) now for anyone interested. The bigger update, v1.1 should be ready early next week. I’m waiting on one last phase of the Layout Manager to be completed (expected for Friday) then we can send out the v1.1 beta.

If you are interested in helping to test these versions or just want to get an early copy of the release, please send an email to moxie-beta@parallelus.net and we will send you the updates for testing.

Thanks!

• seogroup

said

While you’re at it, you may also want to disable any plugin’s internal update checks. For example, I’m stuck with update notifications for Visual Composer 3.6.3 (the theme came with 3.5.5). I purchased the plugin separately and tried to use it but it didn’t work perfectly (some things weren’t displaying exactly as they should) and besides, most other people don’t have access to separate plugin updates.

So again, just disabling the nag would be great. I know it’s an external plugin but still, I’m sure you’ll find a way.

• andy

said

Sorry guys, I had a delay in getting the very last bug fixed for the update. I believe it is done now and if I can get a few hours of free time this weekend I will package up everything and publish the update.

There is still some work to do for v1.1 but it’s very exciting as the progress continues. I believe that update (the one after this one) should be ready for testing by the end of next week since those tasks were getting priority over the tiny little bug fix I needed for v1.0.3. An unfortunate communication error and my fault for not catching it sooner.

• andy

said

I just got the final bug fix for Moxie v1.0.3. It really shouldn’t have taken this long, but as I’ve stated it was a communication error on my end but I’m uploading the latest version later today and it should be available for download no later than tomorrow morning.

This update will include updates to the plugins, Visual Composer and Revolution Slider also. The latest versions have been installed and tested to be working as expected.

Thanks for everyone’s patience.

• studioleland

said

This is great! Is there any updating notes we should know about? Beyond saving my stylesheet changes.

• andy

said

@studioleland

I forgot! 8O

The TF page still shows the previous Moxie change log. I’ve been powering away at some big things for Runway and the upcoming RunwayWP.com website as well as the online documentation. I have not had a spare moment to even remember that I forgot. I’ll make a note of it now and try to get that updated soon.

• studioleland

said

Roger so we are still awaiting the 1.1 drop? Okay I think I have latest installed. Any idea when the Runway package with extensions will be released?

• bbianchi

said

Totally down for 1.1 maybe it will help.

• jeffw

said

I am going to close this topic now because it is becoming a dumping ground.

If you are interested in helping to test the 1.1 version of the Moxie theme please send an email to moxie-beta@parallelus.net and when they are ready we will send you the updates for testing.

@bbianchi If you have any questions or issues, please start a new topic for each separate question or issue and the support team will be glad to answer your questions and help you resolve your issues.

Viewing post 1 to 14 (14 total posts)