Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw
  • admin

Support for: Moxie – Responsive Theme for WordPress

Moxie

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)

Stretch row doesnt appear to be working

• gadgetguru

said

I set the row to stretch row and content, set parallax to simple and add the image 1920×1080 – maybe small… in the general tab of row settings. Nothing in background tab which is set to default… have tried with an image in background tab however still no stretch.. Effect tab has easy parallax set to yes. So I’m not sure how to set it properly as I’m not having any success.

• jeffw

said

I think you are using the Ultimate VC Addons plugin? Alas, there’s at least one conflict between that plugin and the Moxie theme with regards to full-width background images.

I know we’ve had a topic about this before. Let me do a quick search of the forum for “Ultimate Addons”, see if I can find that topic for you…….

Here you go → http://para.llel.us/support/groups/moxie/forum/topic/ultimate-addons-vc/#post-69962

Related topics:
    http://para.llel.us/support/groups/moxie/forum/topic/ultimate-addons-for-visual-composer/

• gadgetguru

said

Its not exactly clear, basicly they conflict and I have to turn it off to use the theme properly? Or should I delete ‘templates/vc_templates/vc_row.php and it will solve the problem?

• gadgetguru

said

OK so I have tried disabling the addon and sure enough the theme row styling works however this is after I renamed the vctemplate row file in an attempt to get both the theme and addon to work together. Do I have to delete the vcrow file or has something changed with the theme on this?

• jeffw

said

Its not exactly clear, basicly they conflict and I have to turn it off to use the theme properly?

Yes, the theme’s inbuilt row background functionality conflicts with that same functionality in the Ultimate Addons plugin. I’ve never used that plugin, but I am told that there is an option in it that enables you to disable this specific functionality, and that may enable the theme’s row background functionality to work. As I say, I’ve never used that plugin so I don’t know where that option is, nor do I know for sure if disabling it will help.

Or should I delete ‘templates/vc_templates/vc_row.php and it will solve the problem?

There are two ‘vc_templates’ folders: One in the root of the theme folder, another inside the ‘templates’ folder. If you delete both those folders it will remove the theme’s inbuilt row background functionality and may enable the similar functionality in the Ultimate Addons plugin to work.

It’s important to keep in mind that the options for that functionality and other Moxie-added row options will still be in the row settings window, but that functionality will no longer work. So as well as removing the theme’s inbuilt row background functionality, also removed will be the theme’s parallax effect and Google Maps row background functionality.

OK so I have tried disabling the addon and sure enough the theme row styling works however this is after I renamed the vctemplate row file in an attempt to get both the theme and addon to work together. Do I have to delete the vcrow file or has something changed with the theme on this?

If you rename the ‘vc_templates’ folders or the ‘vc_row.php’ files, that will have the same effect as deleting them.

• gadgetguru

said

Thanks so much I disabled the row option and smooth scrolling in the ultimate plugin and now both the plugin base functions and moxie theme are working. Thanks again for your patience.

• jeffw

said

Good to hear! Thanks for following up so tha others can benefit from your experience.

Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)
Topic tags: parallax