Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (40 total posts)

Edits continue to revert back to defaults

• ashleyat87

said

I’m having quite a bit of trouble with different sections of Dashboard not letting me save changes. It continues to revert back to the default settings. For example, nothing I change in Customize actually changes. Same goes for Theme Options and Layout Manager. Even when I try to apply a Starter Kit within Demo Content, the default starter kit still takes over. What could the problem be? I tried deleting the theme and replacing it via my ftp site. The problems are still there. I had the same issue with the Content Form but found a bug fix for that on the forum and now it works. Are these other issues known bugs and is there a fix for them?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• jeffw

said

We have almost 3,000 sales of this theme and no one else has had the problems you describe, so this suggests that the issue is unique to your setup.

Do you have additional plugins installed and activated? If so, try deactivating all plugins, all at the same time, and then see if you still have the problem.

Try downloading the full package because there is documentation in there that will help you to use the theme once you get it installed. When you reinstall the theme, use FTP to delete the ‘wp-content/themes/parallelus-vellum’ folder on your server, and then install the Vellum theme via the WordPress interface as this is a more reliable way to install themes than via FTP.

Remember, don’t use the Customize panel to save settings because that will result in many settings being reset to defaults. Please stay away from the Customize panel until we publish a theme update.

• ashleyat87

said

I’m unable to upload via Wordpress. I receive an error every time so that’s why I’m going the ftp route.

I created a child theme “pergamon” as well and I noticed layout manager is empty and doesn’t have a header or footer tab either.

• ashleyat87

said

I contacted my host and they raised my max upload size. It works perfectly now. Thanks for your help!

• jeffw

said

Thank you for taking the time to report back to us on this issue, I know it will help others in your situation to have greater confidence in our advice.

If there is anything else about the Vellum theme itself you need help with, please just let us know. If you can’t find answers to your questions by searching this forum, please just create a new topic for each separate issue that you have and we’ll do our best to point you in the right direction.

If you need help with that child theme issue you mentioned please start a new topic for it so that it can be dealt with in its own separate topic. Thanks.

• ashleyat87

said

Ugh… I spoke too soon. The Theme Options still isn’t saving. It reverts back to whatever was set previously.

• jeffw

said

Exactly what do you mean by “The Theme Options”? Exactly where are you in admin? What option(s) are you changing, and what button(s) are you clicking?

• ashleyat87

said

I’m going to Appearance/Theme Options. Then I scroll down to Design Styles where it says Layout Style and I choose Full Width – Top Header. I click save. Then it reverts back to Full Width – Left Header. Then within the Backgrounds and Fonts tabs, the same thing is happening. I’ll change the masthead background color and it reverts back to what it was. I can’t change the fonts, headings… nothing. I click save setting and the changes won’t stay put.

• jeffw

said

That’s very odd. Before we go any further can I first check with you what version of the theme you are using?

• jeffw

said

Okay, thanks.

Is this a brand new install of WordPress using a brand new database, or have you installed Vellum to use it with an existing WordPress website?

• ashleyat87

said

This is a brand new wordpress site. I just set up hosting and installed it last week.

Viewing post 1 to 15 (40 total posts)